Rollespilsfabrikkens Forum  

Gå tilbage   Rollespilsfabrikkens Forum > It is better to die for the Emperor

Svar
Emneværktøjer Visningsmetode
Ulæst Wed, 8 Oct 2008, 00:43
Robin Robin er offline

Tilmeldingsdato: Sep 2008
Send en meddelelse til Robin via ICQ Send en meddelelse til Robin via AIM Send en meddelelse til Robin via MSN Send en meddelelse til Robin via Yahoo
Standard

Citat:
Oprindeligt indsendt af Pommesgabel
Ok, first of all, thanks again for the compliments

As for the fluff mistake(s): I'm just experimenting, we'll see what ends up where. I only used the tactical insignia, because it's so easy to do
Besides that, this is not dogmatic. Have a look here: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Davian_Thule

The captain will actually be wearing complete powered armour, so the shoulder is actually correct (besides the tactical symbol; it shouldn't have the rims as well if it would be only Scout armour).
I thought you might use DoW as a reference... DoW is a fluff nightmare. They have even admitted to not following the fluff on several occasions.

I can make you a complete guide of symbols and colours if you like... It's not a problem if you break the fluff, but I'm sure you'll want it right.
Ulæst Wed, 8 Oct 2008, 01:25
Pommesgabel Pommesgabel er offline

Tilmeldingsdato: Jan 2008
Lokation: Cologne, Germany
Standard

Well, actually I'm using the Lexicanum which uses DoW itself as a reference... And at least they claim to be canon only.

But to be honest, GW is actually the biggest fluff nightmare themselves. (Have a look at 1stEd 40k aka Rogue Trader and search for the Horus Heresy, or even worse, look at Bretonnia in WFB between 2nd, 3rd and 4th Ed - they just completely rewrote it).

Besides, I'm not that firm in my background knowledge of the 40k Insignia in details of that level. And to be straight, I don't really care that much (off-game, that is). I'll stick to whatever level is appropriate for this game though and if you (as the fluff writer) tell me what's ok and what's not, I'm happy with that. No offense taken, I'm thankful for any hints like this
Besvar med citat
Ulæst Thu, 9 Oct 2008, 16:03
Morten Alrø Morten Alrø er offline

Lokation: Kolding
Standard

as an easy guide, just look at the current GW models. Then i'm sure everyone will be happy...

But if you do or not, I think most would be enveus at a spacemarine armour, no matter if its correct with the fluff or not

I have gone to find myself, if I should return before I do, please tell me to wait.
Besvar med citat
Ulæst Mon, 13 Oct 2008, 11:17

Standard

This weekend we had our last big workshop (20 hours in one day/night...) before latexing in Cologne.

Here's how the bodies look now:

Some details (front of Tim's and of the Captain's armour (me )
Besvar med citat
Ulæst Mon, 13 Oct 2008, 11:18

Standard

And the backpacks (only one is complete, the other parts are ready but not glued yet)
Besvar med citat
Ulæst Mon, 13 Oct 2008, 11:22

Standard

What you can't see here is the parts which go underneath (there is one plate in the front which covers the stomach), the "pant" front/back and the arms/legs. We also have finished those (except the legs, which are only done once for the captain's armour). Maybe we will be able to post some pictures for some of those this week before latexing.
Besvar med citat
Ulæst Mon, 13 Oct 2008, 17:39
Lt.Watts Lt.Watts er offline

Lokation: Rhineland-palatinate/Germany
Standard

Huzzaaaaa...........genius, perfect....das wird ja noch geiler wie ich dachte..
(I must say it in german...sorry...hehe...)
Respect pommesgabel..............
Greets Watts
Besvar med citat
Ulæst Mon, 13 Oct 2008, 17:53
Robin Robin er offline

Send en meddelelse til Robin via ICQ Send en meddelelse til Robin via AIM Send en meddelelse til Robin via MSN Send en meddelelse til Robin via Yahoo
Standard

These are brilliant! I can't wait to see you guys on the battlefield...
Ulæst Mon, 13 Oct 2008, 18:25

Standard

*blush*
Thanks for the compliments
Besvar med citat
Ulæst Tue, 14 Oct 2008, 14:57
Jan F. Jan F. er offline

Standard