Standard

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089530/
Ulæst Tue, 9 Sep 2008, 10:44
Asbjørn Godvin Hansen Asbjørn Godvin Hansen er offline

Tilmeldingsdato: Jun 2007
Lokation: Birkerød
Send en meddelelse til Asbjørn Godvin Hansen via MSN
Standard

thanks its nice to know what inspiration you can get.
Ulæst Tue, 9 Sep 2008, 13:01
Robin Robin er offline

Tilmeldingsdato: Sep 2008
Send en meddelelse til Robin via ICQ Send en meddelelse til Robin via AIM Send en meddelelse til Robin via MSN Send en meddelelse til Robin via Yahoo
Standard

A few questions:

- Which regiment/homeworld do the Imperial Guard come from?

- Which Chaos god do the Cultists worship?

- Will there be non-guardsman/cultist parts (monstergruppe), and if so what will they be?

- And finally, how the heck do I make an avatar in this forum? It won't let me...
Ulæst Tue, 9 Sep 2008, 13:38
Alexander Bjerg Alexander Bjerg er offline

Lokation: Kokkedal Nordsjælland
Standard

since its a penal Regiment it has no homeworld...its imperiums worst scum criminals Murderers Rapists Arsonists you name it thats what the Penal Regiments are (except heretics)...a Band of Psychos given weapons training and a chance of remdemption in the eyes of the God Emperor

If you need inspiration on how they are id reccomend you read up on Schaffers Last chancers
Ulæst Tue, 9 Sep 2008, 13:49
Dan True Dan True er offline

Standard

Where does it say it's a penal batallion? I must have missed that.
Ulæst Tue, 9 Sep 2008, 13:49
Robin Robin er offline

Send en meddelelse til Robin via ICQ Send en meddelelse til Robin via AIM Send en meddelelse til Robin via MSN Send en meddelelse til Robin via Yahoo
Standard

I didn't know it was a Penal Legion... Where does it say that?
Ulæst Tue, 9 Sep 2008, 14:06
Niels Helmersøn Niels Helmersøn er offline

Tilmeldingsdato: Jan 2008
Lokation: østerskov efterskole
Send en meddelelse til Niels Helmersøn via MSN
Standard missed tekst?

It you click on emperial guard on the web site and scroll down there comes to tekst:

The story
The Emperor’s Penal Legions are made out of the outcasts of human civilization. Both murderers and political instigators alike are sent to the camps. Some, however, are given the option to serve the Imperium of Man in return of a slim chance of an official pardon.
Ulæst Tue, 9 Sep 2008, 14:07
Triers avatar
Trier Trier er offline
Medlem af Rollespilsfabrikken

Tilmeldingsdato: Jun 2006
Standard A note on design

Good questions from Robin; so I'll just write a few notes on the generel design of the larp.

1)
Yes - the imperial guard side is a (part of a) penal legion. It's written under "Story" in the Imperial Guard section of the homepage.

We used the same home-made company/legion as a previous 40k-larp (da.: Der findes intet alternativ til sejr, en.: There Is No Alternative to Victory), which in some respects is very similar to It Is Better to Die ...

This is because we prefer using our own take on the 40k setting. The moment we use say Cadian or Catachan, there's a whole bunch of fluff and stories we are not familiar with, which usually complicates the actual role playing, since some players will know more about the larp than the organizers.

So - in short - the imperials will be playing a penal company, but in our version, so rely on the website and other information from us, and use e.g. literature as inspiration.

2)
The Chaos Cult is Undivided, but we're deliberately calling it "The Cult" instead of the Chaos ditto. We want the chaos side to be human beings who gradually move into a chaotic frenzy, but with an origin in playable characters. There will be much more info on this when we get closer to the larp.

3)
There is no group of NPCs at the larp. In essence the two sides will act as NPCs to eachother . Some characters (like commisars, officers, cult leaders etc) will get some directions, but there are no NPCs in the traditional sense.

4)
Claus is the admin of the forum, but I believe that the function isn't enabled for most profiles. I'll let him clarify .

Thanks for all the interest! I'm really looking forward to this.
Ulæst Tue, 9 Sep 2008, 14:22
Robin Robin er offline

Standard

Fair enough! I've read all the Last Chancers books and they are a great resource for fluff, so everyone should read them if they are going to be Penal Troopers.

They are scum, and are treated as such by their superiors!
Lukket emne

Emneværktøjer
Visningsmetode

Regler for indlæg