Svar
Emneværktøjer Visningsmetode
Ulæst Tue, 9 Sep 2008, 03:29
Claus Raasteds avatar
Claus Raasted Claus Raasted er offline
Asshands

Tilmeldingsdato: Feb 2006
Standard Lasgun fire test (short video)

After we'd gotten hold of the first lasgun prototype, which Thomas Kerff (who's also our webmaster) completed earlier this evening, we decided to do a very small film sequence showing how the guns will work at the larp.

It's just a small instructional video to give you all a feel for how it'll look and feel to have a lasgun in a firefight at the larp... nothing more.

www.rollespilsfabrikken.dk/40k/film/lasgun.mpg (you might want to right-click and save... I had some difficulties opening it from the web, but once downloaded it should work fine. It's a 43 mb film of about a minute)

If you're in a hurry, a low-resolution version can be watched on youtube.com... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrMI4UwJ1LY

Sidst redigeret af Claus Raasted : Tue, 9 Sep 2008 kl. 03:38
Besvar med citat
Ulæst Tue, 9 Sep 2008, 11:04
Dan True Dan True er offline

Tilmeldingsdato: Sep 2008
Standard

Nice nice. Where are these built and recorded?

Actually.. It would make more sense if this was an autogun, since a lasgun doesn't say "bang" And in game terms an autogun has the exact same capabilities as a lasgun, where the only difference lies in greater ammunition and better durability for the lasgun.

But a lasgun is the "standard" and I can see it would be hard to make so it gave the distinct lasgun chatter.

- Dan
Ulæst Tue, 9 Sep 2008, 12:53
Alexander Bjerg Alexander Bjerg er offline

Lokation: Kokkedal Nordsjælland
Standard

Very nice..but i agree it would make more sense if it were Autoguns or Stub guns since Lasguns are energy weapons and lasguns dont make bang bang sounds it makes a Sharp Crack when shot.

Anyway wichever way you see the best im all for it
Besvar med citat
Ulæst Tue, 9 Sep 2008, 13:16
Triers avatar
Trier Trier er offline
Medlem af Rollespilsfabrikken

Tilmeldingsdato: Jun 2006
Standard

Seems that we've been out-gunned fluff-wise, Claus .

If it fits the 40k setting better that the riffles are stubguns, I don't see a problem in changing that. So The Organizers will take it up next time we speak.
Besvar med citat
Ulæst Tue, 9 Sep 2008, 13:46
Dan True Dan True er offline

Standard

Hehe, if you wanna read a bit on it, here's a link:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Autogun

Actually I can recommend using http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki if you need to know any fluff-related stuff. It holds the secrets of the most geekish fluff nerds in the emperium

As I see the main difference is:

Lasgun: energy weapons, high ammunition rating, reliable, easy to manufacture and easy to regenrate power packs. Demands more high tech than the others. Used in almost all Imperial Regiments.
Autogun: just as our modern weapon in our time, except that the ammunition is caseless like botlers - thus not taking up as much ressource to manufacture ammunition. Also not all autoguns are driven by blackpowder. Mostly used by bodyguards and Planetary Defense Forces.
Stub guns: Just as our modern weapons, with case-carried ammunition. Very out-dated even in the imperium, mostly used on low-tech worlds and on the far edges of the imperium.

- Dan

Sidst redigeret af Dan True : Tue, 9 Sep 2008 kl. 13:51
Besvar med citat
Ulæst Tue, 9 Sep 2008, 13:56
Robin Robin er offline

Send en meddelelse til Robin via ICQ Send en meddelelse til Robin via AIM Send en meddelelse til Robin via MSN Send en meddelelse til Robin via Yahoo
Standard

I actually think it would be cooler if you keep them as lasguns. I know they are supposed to fire laser bolts, but lasfire is sometimes described as being nigh invisible to the naked eye, not necessarily a long, red beam (like in DoW).

Also, autoguns look a lot like modern day machine guns so converting them might not be as fun.

And finally, the lasgun is the standard weapon in the Imperial Guard. It would look so much cooler, and feel so much cooler, if the Guardsmen in the scenario are carrying lasguns.

I hope you agree.
Besvar med citat
Ulæst Tue, 9 Sep 2008, 15:49
Asbjørn Godvin Hansen Asbjørn Godvin Hansen er offline

Tilmeldingsdato: Jun 2007
Lokation: Birkerød
Send en meddelelse til Asbjørn Godvin Hansen via MSN
Standard

I agree, it would be awful, for the loyalist(scum) if they used auto weapons instead of lasguns. And the converted guns are awsome!, and relly make the w40k theme complete, instead of the old guns used in There is no alternative to victory (its not cool for a guardsman to use a micro uzi!))
Besvar med citat
Ulæst Tue, 9 Sep 2008, 19:01
Ebbehøj Ebbehøj er offline
Medlem af Rollespilsfabrikken

Tilmeldingsdato: Apr 2007
Standard

Use lasguns.
They are described as making a snapping sound, which no matter how great the video sounds, is of what comes out of the gas guns...
In any case, they don't make anything remotely fammiliar to real gun-fire, so why not settle for snapping las guns as that is exactly what you have?

Nice building job by the way!
-Søren
Besvar med citat
Ulæst Tue, 9 Sep 2008, 22:00
Claus Raasteds avatar
Claus Raasted Claus Raasted er offline
Asshands

Tilmeldingsdato: Feb 2006
Standard

Lasguns is what they'll look like and lasguns is what they'll be in the fiction.

As Jonas said, we don't mind being out-fluffed, but we just think the lasguns look nicer than the autoguns, and that's why we're using them.

Sidst redigeret af Claus Raasted : Wed, 10 Sep 2008 kl. 10:02
Besvar med citat
Ulæst Tue, 9 Sep 2008, 23:47
Robin Robin er offline

Send en meddelelse til Robin via ICQ Send en meddelelse til Robin via AIM Send en meddelelse til Robin via MSN Send en meddelelse til Robin via Yahoo
Standard

The Emperor loves you Claus!

Emneværktøjer
Visningsmetode

Regler for indlæg